Frequently Asked Questions
How can I book a massage and pay for it with new COVID-19 guidelines?
We have added an option of online credit card payments to the site. All major credit cards are accepted (as well as Paypal) to make it easier and to reduce the risk of spreading.
Direct billing, cash payments, and e-transfers are also accepted.
How do I direct bill now?
Direct billing is available for: Manulife, Sunlife, ABC, Greenshield, and Canada Life (formerly GWL), and other smaller companies. There is now an option available on the booking page to book online using a credit card or paypal account. If you wish to direct bill just select the "payment in person" option when you go to check-out. Then simply provide us with the following information via email before your appointment date. (this is to help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 by not having to touch insurance cards, etc.)
1. The name of your insurance provider
2. Your first and last name if
you are the main policy holder (include your middle name if it is on your policy)
3. The name of the
main policy holder (if your are under a spouse's policy)
4. The policy number
5. The group number (if any)
6. Your date of birth
You only need to do this if you are a new client. The direct billing software automatically saves your insurance information in the system. Once we have entered this information into the system it will be deleted from our email for security purposes. Please contact us directly if you have any other questions or concerns regarding direct billing.
Do I need to wear any personal protective equipment (PPE)?
Yes. According to the government and the World Health Organization you will have to wear a mask upon arrival and during your massage treatment. If you find it difficult to breathe when you are face down during the massage, you can remove the mask while you are face down. Any other positions on the table will require you to wear a mask. (sidelying, supine).
It is entirely up to you if you wish to wear any other type of protective equipment like eyewear, face shield, or gloves.
Does my massage therapist need to wear any personal protective equipment?
Yes, all massage therapists in the province of Alberta are required to wear PPE siuch as:
1. Face mask
2. Eye goggles
The gloves do not have to be worn during the massage - only in between client appointments and they are removed and disposed of after each treatment.
What other things do I have to do (or not do) upon arrival for my appointment?
Upon arrival for your appointment:
1. Please ring the bell but refrain from touching the door knob or any other door handles
2. Once inside, please remove your shoes and hang up your coat on the hooks provided
3. Follow your therapist up the stairs to the massage room but refrain from touching the banister or the walls.
4. Once inside the massage room, keep your mask on and wash your hands according to the hand washing poster. Prepare to get on the table as normal keeping your mask in place.
5. If you need to use the washroom before or after please follow the hand washing guidelines posted.
6. Do not dispose of your mask inside the massage room or anywhere else. Bring it home with you.
7. Do not bring any chewing gum or any other type of food with you.
8. Dispose of any kleenex or tissues inside the step-pedal bin. Do not touch the bin with your hands.
9. Bring your own bottled water with you as we will not be providing any.
10. Do not come for your massage if you are feeling sick, feverish, coughing, sore throat. Stay home and we will not charge you for cancelling.
How early should I arrive for my appointment?
To reduce the risk of spreading the virus please show up 5 minutes before your appointment time. This prevents any other clients from waiting inside or coming into contact with others.
What If I don't want to remove my clothing?
You do not have to remove your clothing if you do not feel safe doing so. I am happy to work through your clothing or perform "shiatsu" techniques which is often done on the floor or on the table with the client fully clothed.
What measures is Heartland Massage Therapy taking to ensure that every client is safe entering the premises, during the massage treatment and exiting the premises?
Heartland Massage Therapy is committed to providing you with a safe environment in which to receive your massage treatments and to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The following procedures are now in place as recommended by Alberta Health Services and the World Health Organization:
1. Specific, recommended disinfectants are used before and after every treatment in all areas used by clients.
2. 30 minutes in between appointments is now in place to give us time to disinfect and clean up after each massage.
3. A waiver form will be given to every client to read and sign before the massage begins.
4. We have added online credit card payments to reduce the risk of spreading the virus and to make it easier for clients to pay
5. The massage therapist will be wearing approved personal protective equipment such as: face mask, eyewear, apron, and gloves. The face mask, eyewear, and gloves will be changed after each appointment and carefully disposed of.
6. Clients are asked to wear face masks before, during, and after the massage treatments. Any other form of protective gear is entirely up to you.
7. If you find it difficult to breathe while laying on your tummy with a face mask, an alternate position for your comfort and safety can easily be provided.
7. All linens used during the massage treatments will be washed and disinfected after each working day.
8. Garbage bins with foot pedals will be in place to prevent clients from having to touch anything with their hands.
9. Posters on COVID-19 guidelines will be displayed.
10. Posters on hand washing guidelines will be displayed.